BCCI AGM: The BCCI will hold its Annual General Meeting on 24 December to discuss the launch of two new IPL franchises besides the appointment of India’s ICC representative and three new national selectors.
BCCI AGM Meeting
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) will hold its 89th Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 24 December. The BCCI Secretary informed the state bodies that the venue of the meeting would be shared in coming days. The formation of two new teams in the IPL and the inclusion of cricket in the Olympics are expected to be two main points of discussion at the conference.
Election of New Vice President
The election of a new vice-president is also on the agenda. As per norm, the BCCI has sent a 23-point agenda to all associated units 21 days prior to the AGM.
It is known that Adani Group and Sanjeev Goenka RPG (owners of Rising Pune Supergiants) are involved in the ownership of new teams. As per Sources, the Ahmedabad team is sure to join the league. The 10th team from Kanpur, Lucknow or Pune will also be addressed.
The 23 points on the agenda are
1) Confirmation of the minutes of the 88th Annual General Meeting of BCCI, which was held on 1 December 2019 at BCCI Headquarters, Cricket Center Mumbai.
2) Election of the vice president.
3) Election of 2 (two) representatives of the General Body in the Governing Council of IPL.
4) Appointment of the following members of the Governing Council (a) 2 (two) representatives of the General Body; And (B) 1 (one) representative of the Indian Cricketer’s Association;
5) Adoption of Secretary’s report for the year 2019-20 under review.
6) Adoption of treasurer’s report and audited accounts for FY 2018-19.
7) Adoption of annual budget for FY 2020-21.
8) Appoint auditors or auditors for 2019-20 and 2020-21 and fix their remuneration.
9) Appointment of Lokpal and Ethics Officer.
10) Appointment of Cricket Committees and Standing Committees as mentioned in Rules 26 and 25.
11) Appointment of Umpire Committee as described in Rule 27.
12) Considerations: (a) To report and propose recommendations to the Apex Council, CEOs and Committees and policy directives to the Apex Council; (B) the reports and recommendations of the Governing Council and the proposal of policy directions to the Governing Council; (C) Report of Lokpal and Ethics Officer and any recommendations made therein.
13) Consideration of any proposal, notice which is given by the full member to the Secretary, 21 days before the meeting.
14) To appoint representatives of the BCCI or the International Cricket Council and or any similar organization.
15) Approval for inclusion of 2 (two) new teams in Indian Premier League.
16) Discussion of BCCI’s stance on induction of cricket in 2028 Los Angeles Olympic Games.
17) To update on ICC matters.
18) To update on the affairs of the National Cricket Academy.
19) To update on the ICC T20 World Cup 2021 to be held in India.
20) To update on India’s Future Tour Program (FTP).
21) Verification of rules made by Apex Council in terms of Rule 15 of BCCI Rules and Regulations.
22) Consideration of any business which the Chairman may deem necessary for inclusion in the agenda.
23) Transactions of any other business of informal character may be permitted by the chairperson.
You may be also Interested in
AUS vs IND 1st T20 Live Streaming
South Africa Vs England 1st ODI Live Stream